Sunday, March 18, 2012

Beautiful Memories Of A Lost Sibling

As far as I can tell, this is the source of this gripping photo and story:
This is a photo of my sister at age one and me at five. This is the only picture I have where I am holding her.


She died a decade later after this photo taken. It shows the strength of a child who was born physically and mentally disable and her motivation to keep living. She never gave up till the day she died. She survived longer than the doctors predicted. Even on this day, she will always be the strength and courage my family needs to keep living.

I share this beautiful, and, yes, sad story to remind us that even when the most fragile amongst us leave too soon, they are remembered.

Please, go read the rest. And if you're on Tumblr, every reblog results in a donation to the children with Microcephaly Foundation.

No comments: